Monday, June 4, 2018

Spinning Lantern [MakerID-23]

My project is making a spinning lamp so I can learn how to make different objects  while reinforcing old skills. My inspiration for this project was 1) that I really wanted to go over my comfort zone with a project while keeping it in reason and reinforcing old skills  and 2) it has a Japanese backstory.

I engaged in the picking process because I am the only one in my group. I made sure my idea worked with Ms. Mytko before I started.

My main problem was that I had cut the bottle incorrectly leading to the cardboard not fitting correctly on the top. I had two versions of the vent but I unfortunately couldn’t use  them because they kept on falling off the bottle. I learned that cutting everything precisely will totally change the effect of the end project. If I had more time I would probably make  it a little bit more complicated but I would first make a precise model before anything else.

If anyone else wanted to do this project I would suggest that they would get the materials and then get started instead of doing the project without the items. For my project I spent a total price of $21.20ish. How To Make a Spinning lamp



No comments:

Post a Comment