Monday, June 4, 2018

Magnetic levitation air plant [MakerID-19]

                    MAGLEV AIRPLANT


For my Maker Project, I built a Floating house plant planter. I had the idea for my project when I was looking for Maker projects on Makezine.com, and i happened to stumble upon this project, which I thought was really cool.  The idea of this project was to make a houseplant that floats in a can several inches above a spraypainted cigar box. For the plant, I’m using a common airplant, tillandsia caput-medusae

One of the major problems I encountered was finding materials online that would arrive on time, when I needed them. I really just had to put more effort into it than usual, and I sorted the problem pretty easily. I didn’t have too much trouble working within the constraint of a 100$ budget, though. My entire project cost around $80-$85. During the process of making and preparing for this project, I learned that procrastinating gets you nowhere and that the only way to get work done is sitting down and getting to work. If I had more time to do this project, I would have made a few more and sold them. If I were to give any advice to anyone trying to recreate this project, I’d say to be careful not to drill a hole in your hand on accident. 

Link to project on makezine.com: Link
Image result for maglev air plant

No comments:

Post a Comment