Friday, June 1, 2018

Cardboard Backpack [MakerID-24]

Cardboard backpack

For my maker fair project, I made a cardboard backpack and it worked out pretty good. I wanted to first do something quite complicated that would have took hours to complete. After realizing this I brainstormed again and I happen to be preparing a cosplay for a convention I will be attending in July and I know I will be buying merchandise and I will need a way to carry it. The character I’m cosplaying as just happens to have a backpack I thought It would not only be fun to make, but it will also save me a lot of money. I also love making things out of cardboard and duct tape, it's so cool how much you can make using only two materials. It was pretty easy, the only problems I faced was cutting the cardboard Evenly, as I was using an exacto knife, but upon discovering the paper cutter in my house could also cut cardboard, my problem was short lived. Also there was the issue of it not being strong enough to hold a lot of weight, but I just added a ton of duck take it it was all well and good.If I had more time I would add more compartments of make it more like a mini carry on locker. If I have learned anything from this project is that determination and endurance are they keys to success and a whole lot of duct tape!

If you want to try this yourself, or are simply curious of the cost, duct tape costs around $6 a role. And cardboard you can probably use a cardboard box lying around or you can buy it for pretty cheap.


The backpack
the character that I'm cosplaying as is Kanna From dragon maid

No comments:

Post a Comment